Interested in running for office?
Want to know how local government works?
Learn this and more at our
How to Run for Local Office workshop
James Knowles, mayor
Ella Jones, city councilwoman
Brian Fletcher, city councilman
Donna Thurman, school board member
... and many more!
TWO NIGHT EVENT!
Part 1: Local Government and How it Works
Thursday, October 8, 2015 - 6:30-7:30 pm
Part 2: How to Run for Local Office
Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 6:30-7:30 pm
Ferguson Municipal Public Library
35 N. Florissant Rd.
See the Flyer
WCD Mission Statement
From our bylaws: The West County Democrats (WCD) was formed by a group of concerned citizens. The purpose of the organization is to educate the members on the issues and to encourage members to actively support Democratic candidates for political office.
PROUD TO BE A WEST COUNTY DEMOCRAT
The purpose of West County Democrats is to educate the members on issues and encourage them to actively support Democratic candidates for office. Four areas we concentrate on are: Education, Service, Candidates and Leadership.
Education – West County Democrats provide...
Candidates – While we do not endorse as an organization, we...
- Monthly programs with speakers on current issues
- A web site and a daily digest with current information
- Legislative updates at monthly meetings
- Information about other meetings and events of interest to members
- Lobby Day trips to Jefferson City
- Cooperation with other Democratic and Progressive organizations as appropriate
Leadership – Opportunities for leadership are provided by...
- Encourage members to support the candidates of their choice
- Provide opportunities for candidates to speak and recruit volunteers
- Permit candidates to distribute literature and campaign materials
- Cooperate with other organizations in providing forums
Service – West County Democrats organization contributes to the broader community by...
- Assume leadership roles in West County Democrats.
- Run for office.
- Be active in other political groups and campaigns.
- Adopting Circle of Concern in Valley Park and supporting it by:
- Collecting food, goods and money each month.
- Holding a Bake Sale each year with proceeds going to Circle of Concern
- Supporting special projects and other organizations consistent with our purposes and bylaws.
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER, WE APPRECIATE YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER PLEASE JOIN US ON THE SECOND MONDAY OF EACH MONTH.
West County Democrats Monthly Meeting
United Food & Commercial Workers, Local 655
300 Weidman Road, Ballwin, MO 63011
Monday, July 14, 2014
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
*****Legislative and other news / visit the candidates / network with other Democrats*****
Make your views heard by calling your legislators!
Here's a toll free phone number that allows direct access to Congress: 1-866-338-1015.
Access Missouri House and Senate members through their web sites:
http://www.house.mo.gov OR http://www.senate.mo.gov.
Click on "Other links" at the left for more.
St. Louis County Board of Elections August Primary Ballot
Links to Congress, MO General Assembly, School Districts, Fire Districts, Municipalities
MO Sec. of State: VOTER LOOK-UP SITE [find all your voting information (legislative districts, polling place, etc.]
2014 Missouri election calendar.
*** If you are not registered to vote for the Tuesday, August 5 Amendment initiatives and primary election, the last day to register is this Wednesday, July 9.
*** The last day to register for the general elections on Tuesday, November 4 is Wednesday, October 8.
How to check if you are registered https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/voterlookup/default.aspx
How to register to vote https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/register.aspx
How to find your polling/voting place https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/pollingplacelookup/
Request for absentee ballot https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/docs/absentee.pdf
Military & overseas voting access https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/registeroverseas.aspx
General information such as voting place hours, voter ID needed, handicap accessible voting etc. https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/howtovote.aspx
Wording of Amendments 1, 5, 7, 8, 9 ballot measures to decide upon http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/2014ballot/